A very nice photographic record of the famous city in northeastern Italy and the capital of the Veneto region.
The photos were taken in the early 1950's. The book is depicting famous buildings, the canal, the palace, churches, gondola rides, narrow sidewalks, street scenes, venetian style, small bridges, picturesque and romantic corners etc. etc.
In very good exterior and near fine interior condition
Faint traces of use and age, otherwise ok. Photo pages are very clean.
All pages are complete and tight in the binding.
Approx/Measurements: 10-1/4" x 8-1/4" ~0.7 lbs.
Published by House Lucci, Munich
Depicted are the following places and buildings:
- Ducal Palace
- Canal Grande
- Saint Mark's "bacino"
- San Giorgio Maggiore
- The Campanile
- Church of Santa Maria della Salute
- Basilica of S. Marco
- Church of S. Simeone Piccolo
- Courtyard of the Ducal Palace
- Bridge of Sighs
- Place of Saint Mark- Cafe Florian under Procuratie Vecchie
- Clock Tower with Golden Lion
- Church of Scalzi at Bridge of Scalzi
- arched bridges incl. Rialto Bridge
- minor canals
- fish hall at Grand Canal
- Genuine Venice at Rialto
- historical museum of Naval History
- Colleoni Statue in front of Church of
S.S. Giovanni e Paolo
- The Palazzo Franchetti
Free Airmail shipping from Germany with recorded delivery