The Country of Swabia
in Color Photography
Here is a huge Schwaben themed 1924 color photo book.
It comes with a 96 page text and photo description w/41 color photos
within the text pages and 40 mounted authentic lithographed color prints, of which all are present!
Each print is hand-tipped onto heavy black cardstock. The whole print is covered by a tipped-on tissue guard.
Each print is outlined by a grey, fine-lined border, extending one-quarter inch beyond the print.
Beneath the border, also in grey, is the title or description of the picture.
Swabia (German: Schwaben, colloquially Schwabenland or Ländle; in English also sometimes Suabia or Svebia) is a cultural, historic and linguistic region in southwestern Germany. Swabia was one of the ten Imperial Circles of the Holy Roman Empire from 1500 to the dissolution of the Empire in 1806.
- 96 pages with text and photos
- 41 photo reproductions in color
- 40 authentic lithographed color prints
In good exterior and very good interior condition
Mild shelfwear and mild foxing to boards and spine, otherwise ok with minor traces of use and age.
All pages are complete and tight in the binding.
Approx/Measurements: 15" x 11-1/2" ~4.90 lbs.
by G. Strohmfeld
Published by Institute of Color Photography Carl Weller, Berlin
Table of contents of the mounted color prints:
1) Castle Lichtenstein in the Swabian Alb
2) The rock gardens above the Neckar near Besigheim
3) Royal Castle Ludwigsburg
4) Castle ruin Zavelstein at Bad Teinach in the Black Forrest
5) The great Comburg near Schwabisch-Hall
6) Wildbad in the Wurttemberg Black Forest
8) Castle ruin Reussenstein in the Swabian Alb
9) National Costume in Wannweil at Reutlingen
10) The Lochenstein
11) Princely Hohenzollern Castle in Sigmaringen
12) Schulzburg castle ruin in the Great Lauter Valley
13) Schwabisch-Hall at Kocher
15) The Hohenzoller
16) University town Tubingen at the Neckar river
17) At Lake Constance. Alpine view from Kreßbronn
18) Black Forrest. Freudenstadt
19) Hohentwiel in the Hegau region
20) Hirsau in the Nagold valley
21) The main station in Stuttgart
22) Friedrichshafen at Constance Lake
23) Calw at the Nagold
24) Vaihingen at the river Enz
25) Ulm at the Danube
26) Rusen Castle near Blaubeuren
27) The wild lake at Alt-Steigerskopf
28) Stuttgart. In the garden of the Royal Castle
29) In the Tauber valley at Bad Mergentheim
30) Castle ruins Hohenrechberg and Hohenstaufen
31) Castle Bronnen at the Upper Danube Valley
32) Heilbronn at the Neckar river
33) Kirchberg at the Jagst
34) Castle ruins Achalm near Reutlingen
35) Castle ruins Hohenneuffen
36) Esslingen at the Neckar
37) Schwabisch Gmund: Bell tower
38) Berneck near Altensteig w/ Castle Gultlingen
39) View of Castle Hellenstein at Heidenheim
40) Upper Swabia: Ravensburg
Free Airmail shipping from Germany with recorded delivery