A very nice photographic record of the northernmost of the 16 states of Germany -Schleswig Holstein- with photos taken in the 1930's pre WW2. It's depicting the wonderful north frisian landscape with it's beaches and shores, the geest and marshes, famous cities like Kiel or Lubeck, windmills, old farmer houses and churches.
In very good exterior and very good interior condition
With the rare Original Dust Jacket included. Faint signs of use and age, otherwise ok.
All pages are complete and tight in the binding.
Approx/Measurements: 10-1/4" x 8" ~0.5 lbs.
Published by Simon Publishing House, Berlin
Depicted are the following places and regions:|
- Holstein Switzerland
- bays, fjords, ships, vessels
- Schleswig Cathedral
- Kiel, Lubeck
- Glucksburg Castle
- horses and cattles
- bridge for Emperor-Wilhelm-Canal at Holtenau
- Laboe Naval Memorial
- lighthouse Friedrichsort
- Wilster Marsh
- Eutin Lake
- old house near Malente-Gremsmuhlen
- farmers house in style of lower saxony
- port of Travemunde
- Plon lake
- Pellworm Island
- National Costume / Dress / Tracht for girls/women
- romantic village at Fohr
- Reitum church at Sylt
- Farms in the marshes
- sheeps on Dikes
- marsh land at Tonning and Dagebull
- mud flat at Amrum
- in the dunes on Westerland at Sylt
- The Halligen; Hallig House
Free Airmail shipping from Germany with recorded delivery