A very nice photographic record of Dresden in Saxony in the 1930's
which shows architecture and buildings prior WW2 destruction.
In very good exterior and very good interior condition
With the rare Original Dust Jacket included, which is lightly chipped at head of spine. Name inscription on fly leaf.
All pages are complete and tight in the binding.
Approx/Measurements: 10-1/4" x 8" ~0.6 lbs.
Published by Simon Publishing House, Berlin
Depicted are the following places and buildings[excerpt]:|
- Denkmal August der Starke auf Neustädter Markt
(Equestrian statue of August the Strong)
- Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady)
- Katholische Hofkirche
(Cathedral of the Holy Trinity)
- Zwinger Palace
- Oper (Opera House)
- Schloß (Dresden Castle)
- Georgentor (Georges Gate)
- Coselsche's Palais (Cosel Palace)
- Akademie der bildenden Künste
(Dresden Academy of Fine Arts)
- Portal der Schlosskapelle
(Portal of the Castle Chapel)
- Altes Rathaus am Altmarkt
(The Old Townhall at Altmarkt)
- Neues Rathaus (The New Town Hall)
- Brühlsche Terrasse (Bruhl's Terrace)
- Schloß Moritzburg (Moritzburg Castle)
- Schloß Pillnitz (Pillnitz Castle)
- Meissen Porclain
- Albrechtsburg und Dom in Meissen
(Albrechtsburg and Meissen Cathedral
on the Elbe river)
Free Airmail shipping from Germany with recorded delivery